Myrrh Essential Oil (Commiphora myrrha) is also commonly known as African Myrrh, Herabol Myrrh, Somali Myrrhor, and Common Myrrh. Myrrh Essential Oil has a medium-strength rich, balsamic, warm, and earthy aroma presenting a base fragrance note.
Myrrh is related with the heavenly region of the Innermost.
Myrrh is the perfume of Aries. When Aries people are sick, to be healed quickly they must smell myrrh on a daily basis.
Add to a diffuser or aroma inhaler in meditation settings to bring a sense of calm to the mind, while enhancing inner peace. Myrrh is also a wonderful oil to use when you feel emotionally stuck.
Includes one 15 ml bottle.
Botanical Name:Commiphora myrrha
Country of Origin: Somalia
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Resin
Aroma: Woodsy, Earthy
Consistency: Medium to Thick
Is your Myrrh thick? Many components play a part in the viscosity (thickness) of an oil. Thicker oils typically come from the resin or root of the tree. Some oils grow thicker and more potent as they age. Because essential oils are extracted from living plants that do not follow an exact chemical formula or an exact growing pattern, each batch of the same oil can vary as well.
If you’re having problems with your oils dropping from the bottle, here are some quick tips:
1. These droppers also work best when held horizontally (to the side) instead of vertically (upside down).
2. Warm the bottle by holding in hands, placing in a bowl of warm water (to prevent damaging the label put the bottle in a ziplock bag before placing in water)
3. Widen the holes on the orifice reducer with a sterile pin
4. Take the orifice reducer off of the bottle and use a pipette.
Not recommended for use while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Kids Safety: Safe to use topically with children 2 years of age and older. Dilute to a .5-2% dilution rate for topical application.
Practice safe diffusing:
- Diffuse in an open, well-ventilated area.
- Keep children out of the direct line of mist.
- Diffuse in 30-60 minute intervals with ample break periods for safe and effective use.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Rocky Mountain Oils nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.