For thousands of years, Tibetan Buddhist meditators have used this painting to guide them through the nine essential stages of meditation concentration (shamatha), in order to acquire true comprehension through a state of insight (vipashyana). Reproductions of this image can be found in temples, monasteries, and teaching centers all over the world. Based on instructions originally given by Buddha Maitreya, this painting faithfully represents the essential steps towards establishing a truly effective practice of meditation.
- NEW: now also available in a larger size (20x30 inches)
- Both sizes are easy to frame
- Printed on high-quality glossy paper
- Based on thousands of years of meditation practice in one of the world's most effective spiritual traditions
- Easy to understand and apply in one's own practice
- Includes a pamphlet explaining the basic meanings of the symbols
You can learn more about the painting here: Stages of Meditative Concentration.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Posters are shipped separately — in a tube — from the rest of your order and usually take longer than boxes or envelopes to arrive. Please be patient.
Very high quality image of Calm Abiding, the Stages of Serenity. Wonderful addition to my home!
This is a beautiful poster with a high resolution, so that you can easily spot every little detail.
Received quickly, good packing and bonus poster as gift. Overall satisfied.